In November 2020, Seattle Colleges will distribute its inaugural student sustainability survey. During a time of unprecedented wild fires, a global pandemic, social unrest, mega storms, and continuous threats to the environmental and social structures that we all rely on, this survey serves as a measure of our student’s understanding of current events and a glimpse into their daily behaviors and beliefs. This survey also serves to:
- Allow for a better understanding of the needs of students as it relates to sustainability
- Provide information and resources for students to make more sustainable lifestyle choices
- Assess student interest in; 1) paid student positions related to sustainability, equity, and diversity, and 2) a student green fee
- Meet AASHE STARS credits;
- Increase the visibility of Seattle Colleges’ sustainability efforts
The survey will be open from November 1 – 30. Students who are interested in taking the survey should contact Adam Maurer, District Sustainability Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Students who complete the survey will be entered into a drawing for various prizes, including gift certificates to local BIPOC businesses.